ILS International Launch Services, Inc., a privately held international space company and leading provider of commercial launch services, is seeking an Executive Vice President for Sales, Marketing and Communications.
Serving as a key member of the executive team, this position will provide leadership in the development and implementation of ILS’ sales, marketing strategy, customer relations and new business development initiatives in a highly technical, fast-paced, innovative environment. Responsibilities also include management of strategic external communications to customers, the media and the industry at large.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
- Identify, qualify and secure new business consistent with ILS goals and objectives
- Develop and maintain excellent customer relationships
- Plan, implement and evaluate comprehensive business development, marketing and sales strategies. Activity to include strategic initiatives to expand customer base and/or product offering(s).
- With the senior management team, establish strategic goals and objectives
- Provide weekly/monthly/annually reporting of sales efforts, competitive marketplace, and short/medium/long term strategic initiatives and pricing to align ILS product offerings with the dynamic marketplace
- Manage sales account executives and ILS multifunctional account team process to achieve ILS sales and capture targets
- Interface with other ILS departments to leverage in-house capabilities to provide competitive offerings to customers.
- Assure high quality of new business proposals which may significantly impact the company’s sales and profit
- Develop company marketing and strategic communications messaging, brochures and other materials in support of sales and conferences/trade shows
- Provide oversight and guidance of customer relations activity for VIP launch events, broadcasts, special events, conferences and trade shows
- Recruit, manage, develop and motivate assigned staff working Sales, Communications, and Customer Relations functions
- Manage and provide timely updates to the ILS social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Maintain a professional work environment
- Develop and manage department budgets
- Requires extensive domestic and international travel
- Proven sales track record in satellite telecommunication industry
- Commercial experience a must, civil government experience a plus
- The ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects and motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and in a rapidly changing environment
- Successful experience in strategic planning and execution
- Successful experience in contracting and negotiating
- Excellent competitive and market analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with international business practices and protocol
- Personally exemplify and promote high integrity, ethical behavior, dedication to mission success and teamwork
- Basic understanding of the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US export regulations
- Applicants must be a U.S. Person (i.e., lawful permanent resident as defined by 8 USC 1101(a)(20) or a protected individual as defined by 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)).
- Advanced business degree
- Experience with Salesforce
Minimum 10 years experience including a senior-level strategic business development position in the satellite telecommunications and/or launch industry
ILS is a US company that offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k). Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons without regard to race, creed, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to email@example.com