Deprecated: wp_make_content_images_responsive is deprecated since version 5.5.0! Use wp_filter_content_tags() instead. in /www/ilslaunch_183/public/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4859
Vehicle: Proton K/ Block DM
- Satellite Operator: DIRECTV, Inc.
- Satellite Manufacturer: Space Systems/ Loral
- Purpose: Direct-to-Home
- Platform: SS/L 1300
- Separated Mass: 3640 kg
- Satellite Design Life: 12 yrs
- 2nd Proton Launch in 2002 for ILS
- 4th ILS Launch in 2002
- 23rd Commercial Proton Flight for ILS since 1995
Proton Successfully Boosts Loral-Built DIRECTV-5; 4th Launch in 3 Months For ILS.
Final Details of the Launch and Separation
- The Proton K vehicle lifted off from Baikonur’s Pad 24 on 07 May at 11 p.m. local time (17:00 GMT, 1 p.m. EDT).
- Nominal separation took place on 08 May at 5:32 a.m. local time (19:32 EDT, 23:32 GMT)
- Separation of the DIRECTV 5 satellite occured approximately 6 hours, 32 minutes after liftoff.
- Orbit Parameters: Predicted: 6600 km x 35786 km x 17.6 deg
- SC Separation
- Fifth Burn
- Fourth Burn
- APT Jettison
- Third Burn
- Second Burn
- First Burn
- Stage Separations
- Rollout to Pad 39
- Breeze M Fueling
- Begin Joint Operations
- SC Fuel Loading
- Breeze M Arrival
- SC/GSE Arrival
- Proton Arrival
- Early Team Arrival