Vehicle: Proton M/ Breeze M
- Satellite Operator: Telesat
- Satellite Manufacturer: EADS Astrium
- Purpose: Direct-to-Home Television Services
- Platform: Eurostar E3000
- Separated Mass: 4850 kg
- Satellite Design Life: 15+ years
- 4th ILS launch of 2008
- 47th Proton Launch for ILS
- 5th Telesat satellite launched with ILS Proton
- 10th Eurostar Satellite Launched on Proton
Final Details of the Launch and Separation
- Liftoff occurred in Baikonur on September 20, at 3:48 am local time (Sept. 19, 5:48 pm EDT, 21:48 GMT).
- Nominal separation took place at 1:00 p.m. local time (Sept. 20, 3:00 am EDT, 07:00 GMT).
- Separation of the Nimiq 4 satellite occured approximately 9 hours, 11 minutes after liftoff.
- Orbit Parameters: Predicted: 4400 km x 35786 km x 12.5 deg