Vehicle: Proton K/ Block DM
- Satellite Operator: Telesat
- Satellite Manufacturer: Lockheed Martin Missiles and Space Company
- Purpose: Direct-to-Home Services
- Platform: A2100 AX
- Separated Mass: 3620 kg
- Satellite Design Life: 12 years
- 3rd ILS Proton Launch of 1999
- 264th Proton Launch Overall
- 11th ILS Proton Launch Overall
- 1st Telesat Satellite Launch with ILS Proton
- 2nd LMCSS Satellite Launched on an ILS Proton
- Mission Overview
Final Details of the Launch and Separation
- Liftoff occurred in Baikonur on 21 May, at 4:30 a.m (6:30 p.m. USA and Canada EDT, May 20).
- Separation of the Nimiq satellite occured approximately 6 hours, 41 minutes after liftoff.